New Zealand. It is a country so diverse and so beautiful that there’s no wonder why it plants itself on the top of many traveller’s to do lists. There’s a little something for everyone, from the great walks to the mountains, from the hot springs to the hobbits and from the beaches to the lakes. There’s more than enough reasons to validate this amazing country as the best place on the earth, but we’ve narrowed it down to just 59 (yep that’s right, JUST 59)!
1. No part of the country is more than 128 km from the sea. What does that mean? Yep, in just over an hour’s drive, no matter WHERE you are in New Zealand, you can reach the ocean!
2. There are no snakes (take that Australia)
3. Tongariro Crossing (home to Mt Doom) is a walk like no other on the planet!
5. Only 5% of New Zealand’s population are human (the rest are animals)
6. World class skiing and snowboarding
7. World class mountain bike and hiking trails
8. Abel Tasman National Park will blow your mind
9. The world’s first ever commercial Bungy site is located in Queenstown
10. You’d be unlucky to have visited New Zealand and never spotted a Dolphin
11. The locals are awesome!
12. The Haka will make your body shake
13. Huka Falls is New Zealand’s most photographed national attraction for a reason
14. Cape Reinga Sand Dunes are great for sandboarding
15. Milford Sound has been voted by TripAdvisor as the world’s best travel destination
16. Christchurch’s Restart Mall following the Earthquake is a prime example of just how positive the Kiwis are
17. There’s no other country on the planet that has a town named “BULL” which has each of its local businesses take on the town’s name. Town Hall = Social – a- BULL. The Bank = Bank – a – BULL. It’s unforgetaBULL!
18. New Zealand is home to the longest place name in the world: “Taumata whakatangi hangakoauau o tamatea turi pukakapiki maunga horo nuku pokai whenua kitanatahu”
19. Blue Lake in Nelson Lakes National Park has the clearest water in the world
20. There are too many amazing places to visit that will blow your mind
21. Including Rotorua’s volcanic crater lakes in Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland
22. And Cathedral Cove
23. And Tunnel Beach
24. And Hobbiton
25. Auckland’s islands are stunning – Waiheke Island and Rangitoto are a must
26. Wellington is actually the coolest little city with amazing bars, restaurants and great coffee!
27. There ain’t no party like a Queenstown party
28. Skydiving over Lake Taupo is amazing
29. And Queenstown
30. And Lake Wanaka. In fact, Skydiving everywhere in New Zealand is amazing!
31. The cheese, wine, chocolate and meat are absolutely world class!
32. You can walk up the world’s steepest street in Dunedin
33. New Zealand is home to more species of Penguin than anywhere else on the planet
34. Airport landings are down right spectacular
35. One third of the country is covered in National Park
36. Raglan – New Zealand’s famous surf beach – is way more cooler than Byron Bay
37. There are no nuclear power stations in New Zealand
38. New Zealand was one of the first countries to give women the right to vote
39. There are more vending machines in Japan than there are people in New Zealand
40. Spotting the Glow Worms in Waitomo Caves is an unbelievable experience
41. The Southern Alps are a sight for sore eyes
42. Lake Wanaka is one of the most beautiful towns on the planet
43. You can Jet Boat just like the royals did through Queenstown!
44. Rotorua’s Kaituna River is home the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfalls
45. Wellington’s Te Papa Museum is FREE and one of the best museums EVER!
46. Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers will blow your mind
47. So will Moeraki Boulders
48. and Puzzling World!
49. It is home to black sandy beaches
50. And towering volcanic craters
51. Every major town or city has a nearby Lake or Beach
52. Gisborne is the first place in the world to see the SUNRISE!
53. You can Luge at Skyline Rotorua and Skyline Queenstown!
54. Where else can you SkyJump from a tower with views of a neighbouring volcano?
55. New Zealand’s Prime Minister once appointed a national Wizard
56. Where else in the world can you wear Jandals?
57. There are 9 Great Walks that will blow your mind
58. There are too many off the beaten track places of paradise to choose from and in just a short drive you can find yourself with your own private beach, lake or waterfall
59. It is one of the last habitable countries in the world to become occupied by humans
35 thoughts on “59 Reasons New Zealand Is The Best Place On Earth”
I am leaving in two days for a vacation on the South Island. This presentation is making my heart pump faster. It is my first but not last visit to that part of our amazing world. Thank you for the beautiful photos.
This is really amazing place, I want to visit here for one time, So I read always about this place. and thank you for this post. keep it up!
No snakes sold me
I’m leaving from Scotland on Thursday for LookSee Build week, can’t wait to call New Zealand home!
Yeah, but dude, there are sand flies. They will bite you down to the bone. No positivity here.
You might find this article helpful 😉 https://nomadsworld.com/repel-avoid-bitten-sandflies/
To the bone. A bit of an exaggeration. There not that bad. I’ve never really been bothered by them that much. There bites are just itchy (like a mosquito), which you can avoid.
Wimp, well worth putting up with a few sandflies when walking the Milford Track
Cool facts! Didn’t know most of it. Thanks for sharing! But I’d like to visit New Zealand for just one reason – its stunning natural beauty!
Long story short, we’re a laid back country with stunning natural beauty, and became very popular in tourists due to the amazing sights, and the Lord of the Rings.
I really want to go the one day
You really should!!!
This place is amazing and has the best views in the world and we are also first to the sun
you mean none of it
I love to see myself in New Zealand
I want to visit newzealand and also earn knowledge about but have no enough capacity of financial matter.
So pls advice how to visit newzealand.
Wait for your good advice
We going to immigrate to NZ at the end of the year the thing that sold me was that only 5 persent of the population is human. No sandfly going to keep me away for sure.
Yeaaah a good part is true,there is really unique and beautiful places in new zealand for sure,but nobody says that the weather is shit almost 8 months per year,it’s a VERY expensive country,and almost no freedom camping possible!!! About the amazing wine and cheese hum hum,well the article relate probably to the ones wich are imported from france hahaha
This is completely untrue, Almost all our wines are made here and NZ has some of the best vineyards in the world. Also the weather is amazing so whoever told you it is bad is very obviously misinformed. Also I have never encountered a sand fly in my enter life living here so I don’t know what that is about.
the weather is pretty much only bad in wellington, and close to there. The rest of it is awesome, and I would know, I’ve lived there my entire life!
It is amazing. I want to live there. I have never been there but I and my family are thinking of going there for this summer holiday. Reading this article and seeing all those pics made me want to go there quickly so that I can discover all of this.
Can aomeone assist me with the recruitment agencies in NZ, Auckland , I want to get a work Visa.
I have been NZ at least 10 times, my son lived there for 13 years. Anyone who is thinking of going, do it , the summers are stunning , Browns Bay is in the North Ireland wonderful little place.Long Bay round the headland. Auckland is wonderful. There is so much to see and do. When you fly into Auckland the wood carvings on the way through are amazing, and until you have seen the Hakka live you haven’t lived it gives you goosebumps. Enjoy. !!!!
World best fish and chips is in New ZEALAND
BOTH NORTH &
I want to move here – willing able and ready! No dependants, no criminal history valid passport toothbrush ready! Please help… 😬
Love NZ. Visited 3 times and going going back in October! Coramandal Peninsula drive gives amazing views at every turn!
White Island should have been on the list!
One of the worst places that I have been in my life 🤢
nice a troll
please i will like to know what you know about new Zealand to enable me make a decision on travelling to this country.
Best place for salmon fishing controlled by Fish & Game New Zealand.
Not one of the first countries in the world to give women the right to vote we are The first country in the world to give women the right to vote 😀
the more I learn about your country, the more I like it
The penguins fact made my day! I’m gonna visit NZ in april and I CAN’T WAIT!!!
This made me love this country more now especially that I am considering on studying in NZ University of Auckland.
I hope my scholarship applications get considered n accepted.
I like to travel next time to NewZealand with my family