Our hospitality internships in Australia give the chance to learn from some of the best in Australia’s tourism industry, with more than 100 years of experience between key Senior Manager’s.
You’ll participate in a formalised hospitality internship program that will develop your accommodation management skills.
This internship program aims to identify the next generation of top talent, with the best performers invited to join our paid Trainee General Management program, where you’ll be on the pathway to becoming a superstar General Manager and placed in a property of your own to manage in the future.
Who are we?
We’re the people that create extraordinary adventure travel experiences for youth travellers from all around the World visiting Australia and New Zealand.
With multiple brands across all aspects of youth travel, we are one of the fastest growing tourism companies in Australia. Our offerings include accommodation, bars and restaurants, 4wd tours, dive shops, surf schools and more
Base & Nomads Hostels are on the lookout for superstar interns to join the crew and deliver our guests the ultimate action-packed adventure holiday.
There may be an opportunity for your internship to be based in New Zealand
Who are you?
You LOVE all things travel whether you’re an experienced traveller with time well spent on the road or whether you dream of that day you pack your backpack and live the nomadic life, your passion for travel shines.
You’re energetic but focused on delivering above and beyond.You are fun and outgoing, willing to give anything a go and give it your best.
You’re studying or have competed tertiary education at a University, College, TAFE or equivalent in one of the fields listed below:
Tourism & Hospitality, Business Administrating, Commerce, Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Accounting, Management, Arts, Education.
What are the opportunities?
Gain knowledge and understanding across the full marketing mix as we develop brand experiences and marketing plans for more than 40 business located in 28 locations around Australia and in New Zealand.
Some of the key performance area include:
- Customer service – Deliver exceptional customer service and customer service training to the crew
- Reservation systems – learn how to use the reservation and guest management systems
- Front desk management – learn opening and closing procedures, gain skills in generating nightly reports and banking procedures.
- Financial management – gain knowledge and skills in managing budgets, P&L analysis, cost control and month end reporting production.
- Food & beverage – gain knowledge in managing COGS and profit margins to drive revenue, while gaining skills and understanding in bar operations, promotions and crowd management.
- Digital marketing
- Creative design
- Content marketing
- Social media
- Data analytics
Hospitality Internships in Australia with Nomads
What people are saying…
Doing an internship with Nomads for a semester I got a 360º experience in the adventure tourism industry. I worked for both Nomads Network and all three Nomads properties in Melbourne and my tasks ranged from marketing to back-office and administrative tasks to on-the-floor hostel activities. What I loved about Nomads was its open and supportive culture, way to be creative and innovate their business process, and well – truth be said, it’s just a rad and fun company to work for! At the end of the day I loved it so much I stayed another semester to write my bachelor thesis as a graduation assignment for Nomads. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply today. There is no fee involved.
Please record a video interview answering the following questions within 5 minutes and submit your video. After that fill out your details below. Good luck!
- What’s your name, where are you from and what locations would you be most excited to work in?
- What are you studying and why?
- What are you most afraid of coming to Australia?
- What are you known for?
- Tell me something about your last job, other than money, that would have inspired you to keep working there. (Move onto next question if you’ve never had a job)
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If I were to hire you for this job and I granted you three promises with regard to working here, what would they be?
- If you don’t get this internship, what’s your backup plan?
- We finish the interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What would you do?
- Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday?
- Describe the colour yellow to somebody who is blind.
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
- How would you convince someone to do something they didn’t want to do?
- A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?