Stay at United Backpackers Melbourne
Come and find out why travellers keep rating and reviewing United Backpackers as the best hostel in Melbourne and even Australia!
It’s no secret we have the best location in town right opposite the iconic Flinders Street Station in the absolute heart of Melbourne, but we also offer you brand new facilities, heaps of sweet spaces to chill or play including our cool basement bar and yes, rest assured we also have free Wi-Fi in our common areas.
Our hostel is full of personality with Melbourne’s laneway culture, quirky art and décor throughout. All this is served up with a great atmosphere, amazing staff, cool events, top notch security and the best pillows in town! At United Backpackers Melbourne, we know how to look after our superstar travellers!
Prices may go up, so secure your reservation today.
- 24 Hour Reception
- Communal kitchen
- Free Luggage Storage
- : Laundry Facilities
- TV Room
- Free Wifi
Location and contact details
Make United Backpackers your home and you will be staying directly opposite the iconic Flinders Street Station, 50m from famous landmark Federation Square and just a one minute walk to the beautiful Yarra River.
From Tullmarine airport: Take the SkyBus to Southern Cross station. Between certain hours you can request a transfer from Southern
We’re right opposite Flinders Street train station. You can also catch the Free City Circle Tram if coming from elsewhere in the CBD, the tram stops right at our door.
Nearest stop: Flinders St Station
Airport 22 km
Flinders Street Station 0.0 km
Southern Cross Station 1.2 km
Federation Square 0.05 km
Rod Laver Arena 1.3 km
Paid Parking | 250 metres
Supermarkets: Coles is next door – we sell water and locks behind reception
Terms and conditons
Changes and cancellations: Changes can be made up to 24 hours prior to the confirmed arrival, subject to availability. Bookings
Refer to your booking confirmation for non-accommodation bookings (tours and packages) cancellation policy. Contact the accommodation provider directly to make changes or to cancel your booking using contact details provided on your booking confirmation.
Conditions – United Backpackers Melbourne
- All guests must provide a passport or current driver’s license on arrival. Proof of age cards are not accepted.
- Check in time is 2pm
- $10 refundable key deposit per person is required to be paid at time of check in
- Private ensuite rooms require a $100 credit card pre authorisation or $100 on arrival as well as a $10 key deposit per person
- Any guest under the age of 18yrs must be accompanied by their legal guardian and be in a private room.
- A one night cancellation fee applies to any reservation cancelled within 24 hours of arrival.
- Groups of 4-10 require a credit card pre authorisation of $100 on arrival as well as a $10 key deposit per person. If people in groups are arriving separately, the first person to arrive needs to pay in full for the whole group as well as the bonds.
- Any inquiries or bookings for groups over 8 people must be booked through the Hostel Manager and are at the manager’s discretion. Different rates and T&C will apply.
- Full payment will be taken at time of booking. Credit card used to book will be charged and must be presented on check in.
24 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations within 24 hours of arrival will incur a one night charge.