Stay at Nomads Byron Bay Backpackers
Nomads Byron Bay is a purpose built hostel which boasts a fantastic central location, and is only 3 minutes walk to the beach. Located on Lateen Lane (formerly Lawson Lane) behind the iconic Great Northern Hotel just a 2 minute walk from the bus station, Nomads Byron Bay offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all types of backpackers, travellers and budgets.
Budget conscious travellers will love our Byron Bay Hostel because of the quality of accommodation and the great value. We’ve got everything covered… Relax in your room, chill out on the patio in a hammock, have a BBQ, sit in a hot tub or watch a movie in our cinema lounge or outdoors in the courtyard (weather permitting).
This is one of our busiest hostels. Don’t miss out on a bed BOOK NOW!
Want a bit of luxury? Our Byron Bay Backpackers has Superior King Rooms which feature ensuite bathrooms, fridge, tea & coffee making facilities and plasma TV screens, or choose from a variety of private, shared backpacker dorms or female only dorm rooms.
Prices may go up, so secure your reservation today.
- 24 Hour Reception
- Communal kitchen
- Free Luggage Storage
- Free Wifi
- TV Room
- : Travel Shop
- : Night Security
- : Lockers in All Dorms
- : Bed Linen Provided
- : Laundry Facilities
- Onsite Parking
- : Spas
Location and contact details
Fantastic central location, and only 3 minutes walk to the beach.
From Ballina airport: head to the Byron Easy bus stand in the terminal. They meet all Jetstar and virgin flights.
From bus stop terminal: walk north up Jonson Street, then turn right down Lateen Lane. We are located behind the Great Northern Hotel. 2 minute walk from Greyhound Stop.
Main Beach 290 m
Lighthouse 3.2 km
Nimbin 63 km
Parking: We offer free parking for private room customers and $10 per night for other room types
Supermarkets: Aldi is right underneath us
Terms and conditons
The Customer may cancel the Booking without charge if notice is given to the Hostel at least 48 hours prior
Nomads Byron Bay Conditions
***Groups of 10 or more people must use the group enquiry form (on the right hand side of the group bookings page) for all bookings***
Things to Know:
- Check In: 2pm – Early check-in is possible if your room is cleaned prior to 2:00pm or was not in use the previous night.
- Check Out: 10am
- Reception is open 24 hours
- Children under 18 are allowed with legal guardian in a private ensuite room using existing bedding.
- A daily continental Breakfast is included free of charge
- Wifi is free in communal areas
- Any bookings that book out an entire dormitory will be charged a security bond of $200 per room.The Bond will be refunded upon satisfactory room inspection on the day of check out.
- Nomads Byron Bay provide lockers in room but you need your own padlock. This can be purchased from reception.
- For last minute bookings, in periods of high demand, we cannot guarantee that reservations with more than one person will be allocated to the same room. We will however make every attempt to allocate beds in the same room where possible.
Any bookings made during the below dates, require full payment to be made 1 month prior to check in. We will contact you via email to arrange payment, any bookings not settled 1 month prior will be cancelled. During Peak Periods we have a STRICT No cancellations policy.
- New Years Eve Period – 28/12/18– 02/01/19 – Minimum Length 4 days
- Bluesfest – 19/04/2019 – 22/04/2019 – Minimum length: 4 Days
- Splendour – Dates TBA
Sporting Team & Schoolies
Any end of season sporting trips need to be booked via:
W: www.footytrips.com.au P: 1800 252 719
Any Schoolies bookings need to be booked via:
W: www.schoolies.com P: 07 5572 7627
Any Schoolies or Footy trip bookings made or online will be cancelled.