On Thursday 14th of November 2019 several TAG businesses were nominated in the Adventure Tourism Awards. Now in its second year, the Adventure Tourism Awards have proved itself a valuable event to showcase outstanding businesses within this important sector across Australia and New Zealand. Businesses both big and small were recognised for their achievements across 34 categories.
These awards are made extra special with the inclusion of 30% consumer voting and the expert individual judging panel weighted evenly for the remaining 70% of final scoring. The awards recognise the best of the best in travel agencies, tour/activity, innovation, cultural tourism, sustainability and accommodation. Entrants were judged based on their individual points of difference, unique selling points, customer reviews, business achievements and their links to the Adventure Tourism industry.
TAG were proud to take home 3 awards including:
- Best Backpacker Night New Zealand – Loco Cantina
- Best Tour AUSTRALIA (Multi-Day) – Nomads Fraser Island Tours
- Best Tour/Activity QLD – Nomads Fraser Island Tours
We were also runners up in these categories:
- Best Accommodation NSW – Base Backpackers Sydney
- Best Backpacker Night – Australia Scary Canary