Nobody likes the rain, but unfortunately when you’re in a country for a long period of time it’s pretty much avoidable. But don’t worry if it’s rainy when you’re in Noosa it’s normally still warm so it won’t matter if you get wet, so read on as we’ve got you covered with 21 rainy day activities Noosa!
1. Go kayaking on the Ocean or Noosa River maybe see some Dolphins or turtles!
2. Check out turtles, sharks and seals at Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast – Mooloolaba (about 40 minutes away from Noosa Heads)
3. Play fun Pool Volley Ball in the Nomads Noosa onsite swimming pool
4. Take a cruise along the Noosa Everglades and see loads of wildlife
5. Hire a boat and do some fishing or just relax on the Noosa River
6. Go ten pin bowling, heaps of fun to see if you can beat your friends!
7. Check out a show at the Noosa Arts Theatre
8. Take a ride on the Noosa River Ferry – this is really nice to do at sunset and the best bit? You can bring your own booze onboard!
9. Shop till you drop at Noosa Civic or Sunshine Plaza in either Noosa or Maroochydore – Ask the staff at Nomads Noosa to find out how to get to either of these shopping areas on the cheap!
10. Visit the Australia Zoo!
11. Go Wake Boarding
12. Hire a Jet ski on the Noosa river
13. Take a Kite Surfing lesson
14. Catch up on your movies at the local Noosa Event Cinema
15. Grab a brolly (umbrella) and check out the Noosa National Park (maybe even spot a Koala!) – Nomads Noosa offers a free bus from the hostel to the Noosa National Park and back regularly through the day.
16. Take a surf lesson – you’re going to get wet anyway, you may as well learn a skill!
17. Have a BBQ by the Noosa river (BBQ points are under cover and totally free to use!)
18. Take a trip up to Double Island point for a surf or just to relax
19. Get into the games area in the Nomads Noosa Bar – K.B’s and play video games like arcade bowling or shooting or play rounds of pool on the pool table in the bar
20. Get active at the Noosa Bowls Club, barefoot bowls anyone? Super Fun!
21. Treat yourself to a cheap and fresh Fish and Chip lunch at the Tewantin Marina – yum!!
And we have heaps more for you when you stay at Nomads Noosa, ask our friendly Reception or Travel Desk staff who are more than happy to help you find something cheap and fun to do through the day!