So, it may not be valentines day, but there are still some young lovers in Queenstown looking for the ideal place to 'woo' their loved ones.
Now it is pretty easy to down a few pints, put on your beer goggles, and pick up a willing partner for the evening; however if you are looking for 'the one' or at least 'the one for a week long holiday romance', then read on for Nomads Queenstown's guide to romantic hotspots that we suggest you take your current eye candy to...
1. Sunset gondola ride & yummy buffet meal... If you have a 'lil cash to splash, then grasp your chosen dates hand and take a ride up the Skyline Gondola for stunning scenic views over Queenstown. Look down across Lake Wakatipu onto the town below and soak in the beautiful 'Adventure Capital of the World', before heading into the Skyline Restaurant for a romantic meal. Gaze lovingly into each other's eyes across the table, as you indulge in an Antipesto appetiser and a colloquial conversation, before moving onto delicious dessert and a return gondola back into town. (Or maybe go luging if the romance isn't working and you work up that adrenalin!)
2. Picnic in the park... Walk, skip or frolic hand in hand to the Queenstown Gardens where you can take in the beautiful views of Lake Wakatipu. Take along a picnic lunch, lay out a rug on the grass amongst the flowers, and indulge in a backpackers picnic lunch of ham sandwiches and apples. If the guy really wants to impress the chick, he could perhaps bring along a chocolate bar to tempt her into a second date - obviously the choice of the chocolate bar could swing this second date chance either way, so choose carefully guys! Women can be very picky when it comes to chocolate!
3. Fergalicious Fergburger... A burger joint for a date? Perhaps doesn't sound too classy, but Fergburger on Shotover Street is a class above any burger joint you will have ever been to! They kindly cut your chosen burger in half, so if you are sharing with your loved/liked one, then choose two different flavours, get them cut in half, and then you can have half of each. Nearly the same as sharing a strand of spaghetti like Disney's Lady & the Tramp, except a bit less sickeningly cheesy to observe, and it will fill your stomach up a lot more than a piece of spaghetti.
4. Chocolate = the way to a girls heart... Head down to Patagonia on the Wharf and indulge in a mug of their divine hot chocolate. Seriously sickly but exceptionally exquisite; buy a piece of their homemade chocolate to dip into the hot chocolate should you fancy an even bigger sugar fix. Even better, tempt those tastebuds with a big cone of their delicious homemade ice cream and you seriously will never want to leave! Sit by the window and observe the stunning mountain scenery as you enjoy the moment of the delicious chocolate, and the company and conversation of that special someone.
5. Nomads Queenstown Cinema Room... After a night out on the town, bring back your chosen target (who by the way, must be a guest as we don't let strangers in if they're not staying here!) to our comfy cinema room equipped with bean bags and a wide screen TV. Choose your pick of films from our extensive movie list and snuggle up for the duration of the film, but don't get too cosy and forget that our CCTV cameras are infra-red and we can see EVERYTHING!!
So there you have it; our top 5 spots to fall in love at / take your current love to. Hopefully you've picked up some top tips and manage to woo the man or woman of your dreams. However we accept no responsibility or liability for any broken hearts suffered or for any failed disaster dates should you take our advice and it not work out in your favour!
We're pretty sure though that one out of five of our tips should go your way, so good luck, get in the romantic mood and happy dating!!!
Author: Nomads Queenstown.