Nomads MAD Membership
Join the Tribe and start saving today!
- Earn MAD Dollars on everything, spend on anything!*
- Exclusive Member-only special offers
Includes the 3-in-1 MAD Card:
- Nomads MAD Card - save thousands on accommodation, travel and entertainment
- Global Gossip Internet Card - use all over Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, including all Nomads Hostels
- International Phone Card - call home from a flat rate of 1 cent per minute 24 hours a day
MAD Travel Guide
For only $19 more you get:
- Funky MAD Travel Guide book covering destinations all over Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Thailand
- $1,500 worth of free food, drink and party vouchers to use all over Australia and New Zealand
- Festival-chaser Calendar: your ultimate guide to Australia's biggest and best events
Sign up for MAD Membership:
1. Members may participate in the program subject to our approval. Each account can only be linked to and participate in one program at any one time.
2. Membership is valid for 12 months from date of purchase, unless renewed.
3. MAD Dollars earned are valid for as long as your membership is active, after which they will expire.
4. Only individual members, not companies, may participate in the program.
5. MAD Dollars are not transferable to any other programs
6. You cannot pool or combine your MAD Dollars with MAD Dollars accrued by another member. Mad dollars will only accrue as whole numbers and not as fractions. If the amount spent is not sufficient to accrue one whole MAD dollar then no MAD dollars will accrue.
7. If enrolled in the program you will accrue one MAD Dollar for every 20 Australian dollars (AUD20) spent on goods and services which are charged to the account, unless otherwise indicated. Purchases made in other currencies will first be converted to the Australian dollar equivalent (based on the current exchange rate) before MAD Dollars are calculated.
8. MAD Dollars Accrual - Exclusions. You will not accrue MAD Dollars for:
(a) fees and charges, including joining fees, replacement card fees, other service fees and local fees relating to any booking on our website. Such fees will be advised at the time of booking;
(b) charges in relation to promotional offers which we exclude from MAD Dollars accrual;
(c) charges for which we do not receive payment in full for any reason;
(d) late payment charges;
[e] affiliate hostel bookings
9. MAD Dollars accrued in your membership account have no monetary value outside of the program
10. MAD Dollars redeemed under the program cannot be exchanged for other membership benefits and are not refundable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit.
11. Once MAD Dollars are redeemed for a booking, the booking may not be converted back to MAD Dollars and the booking is non-transferable and non-refundable.
12. MAD Dollars cannot be redeemed for: bookings outside of Nomads, Australian currency or travel for resale or promotional purposes.
13. You are solely responsible for any;
(ii) airport transfer fees;
(iii) airport taxes;
(iv) fuel surcharges, levies;
(v) other service fees and local charges relating to any booking through our website. Such fees will be advised at the time of booking. In addition, you may be requested to pay airport taxes on departure.
14. All membership benefits are subject to availability and restrictions may apply.
15. All travel bookings made by redeeming MAD Dollars are subject to availability and the terms of this agreement. The availability of redeeming MAD Dollars for travel will also depend on whether those particular membership benefits are included in the program selected by you. This agreement prevails over the terms and conditions of any airline, hostel or tour operator connected with any travel bookings.
16. Changes are only permitted on travel bookings made by redeeming MAD Dollars, in accordance with this agreement and the standard terms of the applicable product.
17. We reserve the right to withdraw all membership benefits from you if there is any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of product terms and conditions.
19. Our Liability to You
19.1 To the fullest extent of the law we make no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, and expressly disclaim any and all liabilities (including for consequential damages) with respect to type, quality, standard, fitness or suitability for any purpose of membership benefits provided under the program. Warranty claims should be directed to the manufacturer or service provider in accordance with their warranty information (if applicable) and we will provide you with such proof of purchase information as reasonably available to allow you to pursue such claims. Where we supply goods or services to you as a consumer as defined in the Trade Practices Act 1974 ('the Act'), then nothing in this clause excludes, restricts or modifies any liability, right or remedy imposed or conferred by the Act. However, to the extent permitted by the Act, our liability is limited (at our option) to supplying the goods or services again or paying the equivalent cost of supplying the goods or services again.
19.2 Where MAD Dollars are used for travel or tour bookings for non Nomads businesses you agree to release us, our subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability in respect of the redemption or use of such reward or other participation in the program. We will bear no responsibility for resolving any dispute between you and the supplier.
19.3 Where MAD Dollars are used for travel bookings we act as agent for the supplier or service provider (such as an airline) in booking or arranging all transport, sightseeing, hotel accommodation and other travel related services for you. We do not own, manage, control or operate any supplier of services apart from some Hostels and Nomads Fraser Island Tours, and all coupons, receipts and tickets that you are issued with will be subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier of that coupon, receipt or ticket. By accepting the coupons and tickets and utilising the services, you agree that we shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damages to you or your belongings or in connection with any accommodation, transport or other services or resulting directly or indirectly from occurrences beyond our control, including breakdown in equipment, strikes, theft, delay or cancellation or change in itinerary or schedule, etc. Also remember that travel documents, if necessary, and compliance with customs regulations, if applicable, are your responsibility.
20. We may add reward partners and reward benefits and make non-material changes to these terms at any time without giving prior notice to you.
21. We may vary the number of MAD Dollars required to purchase a specific reward at any time without giving you prior notice.
22. We may remove membership benefits without prior notice. This may include the removal of certain membership benefits partners and/or the removal of certain reward products supplied by those partners.
23. We may suspend the program on giving you reasonable notice unless required to do so by law or to protect our systems in which case we shall not be required to give you notice. We may terminate the program at any time provided we give you 90 days prior notice unless we are required by law to terminate the program in which case we shall not be required to give you prior notice.
24. We may change the fees payable under the program or the standard MAD Dollar accrual rates applicable to the membership on giving you 90 days prior written notice.
25. We may make other material changes to these terms and conditions by giving you at least 30 days notice.
26.1 Fraud and abuse relating to the earning of MAD Dollars in the program or redemption of membership benefits, including transfer of MAD Dollars to participating frequent traveller programs, may result in forfeiture of MAD Dollars as well as cancellation of the program account.
26.2 You are solely responsible for any government tax, duty or other charge imposed by law in any country in respect of the program, your participation in the program, any MAD Dollars acquired or redeemed or any other transaction within the program.
26.3 There may be tax implications for you as a result of participating in the program. You are advised to consult your accountant or tax adviser.
26.4 The program account is not transferable.
26.5 Our failure to enforce a particular term or condition does not constitute a waiver of that term or condition by us.
(a) Transfer by us
We may assign any of our rights under this agreement. We may also transfer our obligations under this agreement to any third party provided we are reasonably satisfied that there will be no detriment to you in the transfer. You agree that we may disclose any information or documents we consider necessary to help us exercise any of these rights.
(b) Transfer by you
Your rights under this agreement are personal to you and may not be assigned without our written consent.
28. This agreement is governed by the State or Territory of Australia as stated on your billing address or if your billing address is overseas, as stated on your last known Australian billing address.
29. MAD Dollars accrued in your program account are not your property and cannot be transferred to any other person, entity or program account, whether by operation of law or otherwise.
30. MAD Dollars cannot be redeemed on affiliate hostel bookings