- Exclusively-designed privacy pods.
- Located in the Gaslamp, mins from most tourist attractions.
- FREE wifi, FREE pancakes, FREE lockers with electronics charging.
Social, fun and great value
San Diego's original backpacker hostel has been offering guests a relaxing yet fun environment for 17 years! Ideally located in the Gaslamp (the entertainment district), while also being minutes from most tourist attractions. And our new privacy pods will make your stay even more relaxing.
USA Hostels San Diego is social, fun and great value as our prices include taxes and we offer many freebies (listed below). Our exclusively-designed privacy pods feature a reading light, shelf and outlet and provide privacy from roommates along with a reduction in noise and light. Especially great for those times when someone flips on the light late at night!
No other hostel can show you the city like us! Join us for Tuesday Taco nights with $2 tacos and margaritas, head out on the town Wednesday nights with our pub crawl, spend a day out partying in Mexico on our Saturday Tijuana tour or just hang at the hostel with other travelers swapping stories and chilling in our intimate lounge.
Voted the #1 hostel chain in the USA for 2010 and the #1 hostel in the USA for 2009!
Loads of FREE or discounted things!
- Exclusive 'privacy pods'
- Free all-you-can-make pancakes
- Free lockers with powerpoints
- Free luggage storage after check out
- Free/discounted hostel activities
- Free wifi
- Free hairdryers/straighteners
- Discounted SeaWorld & San Diego Zoo tickets
- Discounted Harbor Excursions tours
- Discounted bike rental
- Upgraded guest kitchen
- Newly renovated relaxing lounge
USA Hostels San Diego
Parking: There is no free parking in downtown San Diego. The cheapest location is called Park It on Market at 6th Avenue and Market Street which charges about $15 overnight.
Find out more about us or talk to us online.